Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 7- Saturday, February 12th

After going to Disneyland the day before, everyone was sort of tired, so we just relaxed. At two we went to play Bingo. I didn’t win anything, but I got very close. My sister also get very close, and demonstrated the thought process that leads to addictive gaming and gambling. She was so close that she was sure if she could just play one more time…she could win.

After Bingo, we went swimming. I tried out my snorkel and face mask, and was able to snorkel fairly successfully. The rest of the day was fairly uneventful.

Day 8- Sunday, February 13th

We went on a walk out to the dam near my Grandparents apartment. My uncle was still here, and he and my grandpa went with us. We walked along until we game to a ball field, where my grandpa and sister waited while my dad, uncle and I went ahead. We got to the dam and looked around for a bit. We saw a log boom, which keeps things from floating into the dam during a flood. We also saw the spill way, where extra water would flow out if the dam was too full.

The damn was a flood only dam, so the only water on either side was a small creek. While we were doing this, Sheeshao was climbing a tree.


After we returned, my uncle left and we started packing. We drove to the Disneyland hotel and missed the shuttle by 5 minutes. We had to wait another hour for the next one. I stayed outside and watched the bags while my dad and sister went inside to shop. While waiting, a huge, white limo pulled up. I guess it was a SUV limo, because it was taller than a normal car. A bunch of kids got out and went into the hotel. It was sort of weird to watch. It us also amazing the amount of money some people have, and the things they choose to spend it on.

We finally caught the shuttle and got to the airport. We walked into Terminal three, which was swarming with people. Fortunately, we found out that our flight left from a separate terminal, which was much less crowded. We boarded the plane at 11:00. It turned out too only be a single deck plane, with eight rows of seats. Each seat back had a on-demand movie player built in, so for most of the flight I watched movies. I should have got a lot more work done, but oh well. The only thing that I really got done was writing this blog post. I wrote it at 6:00 on Tuesday, Auckland time.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you made it all the way to Auckland! I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete