Tuesday, February 8, 2011


Travel

Day 1-Sunday, February 6

We left at 4:30 on the Alaska Marine Highway System, otherwise known as the ferry. Four hours later we checked into a hotel in Juneau and fell asleep, in preparation from our 7:20 flight.

Day 2- Monday, February 7

My dad, sister and me got up at five, backed our bags and got our flight. My mom was going to Bend for a week, while we spent a week at my grandparent’s house. We would meet up in New Zealand when we were done.

Upon arrival in LA, were hit by sweltering 72-degree air. I immediately took off my jacket. We got our bags, then went outside to catch our bus. The cheapest bus we could find was the Disneyland Hotel airport shuttle, which took us to the Disney Hotel, where my grandpa would pick us up. Right as we walked out of the airport, at 4:05, the Disneyland bus drove by and stopped a 100 feet in-front of us. The next shuttle wasn't till 4:30, so we all started running. My sister, who has no-fear of strangers, ran ahead, waving at the bus driver and managing to catch it. While I was glad that she had caught it, her lack of shyness was often annoying. Walking around, she will start "whispering" to me comments about people she saw. Of course, whispering for her is talking normally, so people usually hear her. Of course, because she is a "cute" little girl, everyone just thinks that it is cute and she doesn't know any better. I suppose that is one of the benefits on being small for your age.


We arrived at the Disneyland hotel, where my grandpa picked us up. Before he did, however, my dad had to take a picture of us for our travel journal. He wanted to take on in front of Mickey Mouse, but I wouldn't let him, so we stood in a patch of roses. He managed to catch me with a stupid expression on my face, but oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment