Friday, March 4, 2011

Abel Tasman- Day 5

Day 22

We packed up our stuff, but left our big packs at the campsite. We all hiked over to the next beach over and while my sister and mom played, my dad and I went on a longer hike to Separation Point. On the other side of this point was more open ocean that wasn’t sheltered by the North Island, so the waves were bigger.

DSC_0009DSC_0051DSC_0057DSC_0061 

We hiked back and met my sister and mom, then hiked back to Totaranui. We caught the water taxi at 3 and got back to Marahau at 4. We dropped off our stuff at our car, then had hamburgers at a roadside restaurant.

DSC_0081DSC_0095DSC_0112

 

In Reflection

This was a long  and hard trip, but I had a lot of fun and it helped put my in the mood for a vacation. Before I had always been worrying about getting things done, like my blog or my English Paper, and wasn't able to relax. But on this trip I couldn’t work on any of those things so I was free to relax.

I found  the trail weird. At most times were were 8 hours from the nearest road and 10 hours from the nearest source of food. There were no rangers, except one or two that came around and checked for park passes randomly. But, even with all this we must have passed 30-40 people every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment