Friday, March 25, 2011

Return trip

    DSC_0002DSC_0007

The next morning we drove to Auckland, dropped off our rental car, and caught out flight. My mom was flying on a separate flight, so she had to wait in the airport for a few hours. On the flight I mostly watched movies. At home I usually don’t watch many mainstream movies, and when I do, it won’t be until a couple of months after it comes out on DVD. I probably should have been working on my research paper, but my excuse was that I was studying American TV culture. I watched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and Red. I also watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which was the first of the new Narnia movies that I had seen. Then I watched some interesting TV shows, such as Glee and Two and a Half Men. From these shows, I wasn’t all that impressed with American culture. Because I was watching all of these, I didn’t sleep, so when we got to LA I was a bit tired.

DSC_0024DSC_0036

When we got there it was the next day, but it was still Wednesday because we had crossed the date line. We got some more breakfast, in addition to the frittata, bacon, sausage, and fruit salad I had on the plane. Then we waited four hours for our flight to Seattle. We had a six hour layover here, so we went shopping and got some food. My mom would be on the same flight as us for the last leg, and she fly in about two hours before our flight left.

We finally got into Juneau at about 9:30, Alaska Time. It was a 28-hour trip, but it wasn’t nearly as “grueling” as my parents made it out to be. We picked up a rental car from the airport (for about $50 more per day than our NZ car) and drove to Fred Meyer for some dinner and breakfast supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment