Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Picton

Day 23- February 28

We packed up and left Marahau. We stopped for lunch in Motueka, then drove on to Picton. On the side of the road on the way there we saw a tree with 20 nests in it. I am not sure what kind of bird they were or why they were there, but it was a amazing sight.

DSC_0125DSC_0127

We stayed at Alexander’s Holiday Park there, were we had stayed the last two times we were here. The campground was right under a railroad bridge and the cabins were old railroad cars that had been converted into rooms. Because we were still tired from our backpacking trip, we decided to spend the extra money on a cabin, instead of just camping.

DSC_0132

There was a trampoline here, and my sister and I had fun jumping on it. We decided to stay here two nights so I could get some school work done.

DSC_0135 DSC_0155 

As the trains went by overhead, they were so loud and fast that the train car/cabin would rattle. Combined with the sounds of a train speeding along a track, it made it seem like our cabin was moving too.

Day 24- March 1st

I got a lot of school work done and spent most of the day working. A rough draft of my English Paper was due on the 9th, but on the fourth I was leaving internet contact for a week, so I had to finish it in two days. I hadn’t had a lot of time to work on it, so it still needs a lot of work, so hopefully I will finish it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment