Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bay of Islands Day 2

Day 40- March 18th

We decided that, since it was $25/person to see the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, my dad and sister would go on a hike while my mom and I went to see the grounds. I had to go to get some footage for the video I will be making of my research paper. I made a few short clips of my standing next to various objects and talking about them, so hopefully some of them will work. Unfortunately I have a very fuzzy and slurred voice and in the videos you can hardly understand me. Sometimes it is painful for me to listen to a recording of my voice. I think I will have to rerecord the audio (with better pronunciation) to match the video.

We saw a giant Waka (ocean going canoe), as well as a few smaller ones. We watched a 20 minute video about the making of the treaty. We also saw the house that British Resident James Busby had lived in 1870 years ago. It was in his lawn that the treaty was discussed and signed in 1840. From there you can see the towns of Russell and Kororareka. There were also some live presentations we could have seen, but they cost just as much as admission and only lasted 30 minutes.

DSC_0036DSC_0173Pano_Large

Besides that, there wasn’t a whole lot to see at the grounds, and almost all of the historical information was about the creation of the treaty and not the content. But I think I got some okay videos, so it was worth the money.

Back at our holiday park, my sister went swimming (with a duck) while I did some more work on my paper.

DSC_0242

No comments:

Post a Comment