Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Otamure

Day 42- March 20th

We drove back over to the west coast again, stopping in Whangarei on the way. In Whangarei we stopped to see the Whangarei Falls, which is supposedly the most photographed waterfall in NZ. From the number of photographs I took, it certainly seems a reasonable supposition. The path around the waterfall starts on one side of the river, then crosses the river to the otherside, then goes down to the bottom of the falls. Because of this you get to see many different angles of the falls, each worth a photograph.

DSC_0224DSC_0233DSC_0234DSC_0240DSC_0220

After looking at the falls, my mom, sister and I walked along the river while my dad drove to the end. The river path was very beautiful and reminded me of Oregon and the pacific northwest. The path ended up at a treetop boardwalk through a Kauri forest. My dad met us there and we walked through  it for a few minutes.

DSC_0246DSC_0247DSC_0298DSC_0250DSC_0266DSC_0288DSC_0301

We camped on the coast at a DOC campground at Otamure. It was overcast, but my dad and sister still went swimming. I walked around and took pictures of patterns in the sand, the waves, and a little stream.

DSC_0320DSC_0331DSC_0309DSC_0338DSC_0353

That night it started raining. By leaving the door of my tent open, I could keep condensation from forming on the top of my tent as it had on previous nights.Un fortunately it also mean that a bit of rain came in the door, but my tents was long enough that I just scooted to the far end of the tent and didn’t get too wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment