Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Matai Bay

Day 38- March 16th

We packed up and drove to Matai Bay on the Karikari Peninsula. We went swimming on the beach for a bit and my parents tried out snorkeling. I tried on my mom’s snorkel mask and let the waves crash into me. It was cool to be able to see underneath a wave.

I got out after a while and walked around the beach. It was windy out and the grass looked nice blowing in the wind. There was also a dark brown stream flowing out onto the beach.

DSC_0040DSC_0041pano 

After swimming we headed up to the DOC campground and set up our tents. I slept for the rest of the day. For dinner we used up some of our backpacking food. We were going to do a three day tramp at Cape Reinga, but decided that we didn’t have enough time. After getting distracted for a few days (at Te Tiro and Waihi Beach) we only had five days left.

That night the Milky Way was bright, so I took a picture of it. It looks sort of generic, but at least you can see it.

DSC_0119

No comments:

Post a Comment