Sunday, March 13, 2011

Waitomo to Rotorua

Day 33- March 10th

We repeated our hike that we had done at night, but this time during the day, so we could see everything better, except glowworms. We also stopped at the Waitomo museum, which had some information about the Geology of the caves. On the way out I saw a brochure for Agroventures in Rotorua. We were going there later that day, so I grabbed it. Out of curiosity I looked at the section on Bungy Jumping. My parents had gone Bungy jumping in Australia and it looked like fun.

On the brochure it said that the minimum age was 10 in New Zealand. And you needed your parent’s permission until you were 16. Now that I knew this I sort of wanted to go, but it was 80 dollars. I decided that it would probably be more fun to do when I was older anyway.

In Rotorua we checked into a little holiday park called Cosy Cottage. It had a couple of Geothermal hot tubs and bubbling mud pot just a few feet away from our campsite. We went swimming and just relaxed for the rest of the day. They also had some metal tubs built over a steam vent that you could cook your dinner on.

DSC_0052DSC_0055DSC_0059DSC_0065

No comments:

Post a Comment